Complaints and Suggestions
The Doctors and staff of this surgery want to provide you with a good service. But sometimes things go wrong, and you may want to complain, or maybe just tell us about your concerns or suggestions for improvements.
If you have any suggestions, please let us know. Your suggestions, compliments and complaints help us to provide you with a better service.
Please be assured that all your comments and complaints will be handled with complete discretion and that confidentiality will be maintained at all times. All information regarding your complaint will be handled in compliance with the Data Protection Act.
How to make a complaint:
If you decide to make a formal complaint, letters should be addressed to the Practice Manager or Senior Partner.
We will then:
* Acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 2 working days.
* Investigate your complaint.
* Offer to meet with you to discuss the matter in more detail, if this is appropriate.
* Offer a full, written explanation within 30 working days. If for any reason we are unable to obtain all the necessary information within that time scale we will keep you informed of the reason for delay.
The aim of the NHS Complaints Procedure is to resolve problems locally whenever possible.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the practices investigation, you can take your complaint to the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales. The contact details are 1 Ffordd y Hen Gae, Pencoed, CF35 5LJ, telephone 0845 601 0987 or email email@example.com.
It is important that you make your complaint as soon as possible after the problem arises. Usually the NHS only investigate complains that are either:
* Made within 6 months of the event; or
* Made within 6 months of you realising that you have something to complain about, as long as that is not more than 12 months after the event itself.